keep your colors vibrant and not muddy
and avoid cracks as your piece dries.
This class helps you know what to expect before you flip the cup, and you can use these techniques to tweak and build your own unique style.
You'll go from creating random, uncontrolled pours, to predictably beautiful art. And if you don't learn to make more predictably beautiful pours, I'll give you your money back, no questions asked for the first 30 days.
Who should take this course?
- Artists who are brand new to Acrylic Pouring and want to build from a strong foundation
- Artists who make beautiful pours every once in a while, but don't know why it worked
- Current fluid artists who want to make professional-level art they can be confident selling
- Those who've ever asked, "Which color should I put oil in?," or "Why did my blue overpower all the other colors in my painting?," or "Why did my colors mix together and turn to mud?"
- Those who want a deeper understanding of paints and mediums
- Those who have fun pouring, but want to take it to the next level
"I was already an established gallery-represented artist. While I was already making beautiful artwork what I wanted to learn was how to be more consistent in my approach to it. I luckily ran across Briana AKA "Indigoimpressions" Instagram and began to watch her videos and read her tips. What I saw in her was a "recipe", a process which was consistent across the board...She clearly outlines the process of fluid art and executes it at a pace that anyone can understand. What I gained was a better understanding on the science behind fluid art...which was exactly what I needed when I wanted do pour for a more specific result. The lesson I learned was invaluable to me because I had an additional tool to keep creating beautiful artwork."
- Brenden M. Spivey, Artist, MetalWorksStudios
"When I discovered fluid art I was so in love with the art form but at the same time I was completely clueless how I should begin with it as you get multiple formulas and techniques on the internet...and that very moment when I was about to give up, I ended up at her account on Instagram and it changed everything. I took her online class and found answers to all my doubts and queries...where everyone claims of knowing this art she owns it. She has explained every bit of it and I believe she is the right one to learn from! It's worth every penny, just awesome."
- Amy Mehta, Fluid Artist
"This affordable online course allowed me to learn an in-depth, yet concise, way to make fluid art paintings. After the course I tried her process and had immediate success creating cells!"
- Sarah G. Weaver, High School Art Teacher
What you will learn in this course
This course features 11 information-packed modules and 3 sample projects. By the end of this course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of:
- Why understanding paint and medium properties is essential to creating beautiful work
- What supplies you need to get started in pouring
- How to mix paints to create the exact colors you want in your pour
- How to choose which colors show up in cells, and which colors are dominant
- How to make professional level paintings that last and you can feel confident selling
- The difference between professional and craft level paints and when to use each
- How to use opacity, sheen, viscosity, and tinting strength to choose your colors in a painting
- Why cells are dependent on one paint property
- When, why, and how to use Gesso
- Which colors you should add oil to to create more cells
- How to use the planning stage to fix 90% of the problems you have
- What causes cracking and crazing and simple tips to fix it
- What is lightfastness and how to use it to decide what paints to use
- Three different painting techniques: flip cup, tree ring, and cookie cutter
StartModule 1: Course Introduction (Finding Your Voice) (2:26)
StartModule 2: Tools of the Trade (Essential Materials) (9:35)
StartModule 3: Basic Paint Properties (Know Your Pigments) (8:21)
StartModule 4: Basic Color Theory (Today's Color Palette) (11:24)
StartModule 5: Mixing Your Paint (Pouring Medium & Other Additives) (20:35)
StartModule 6: Sample Project #1 (Basic Flip Cup Technique) (10:24)
StartModule 7: Sample Project #2 (Cookie Cutter Technique) (7:51)
StartModule 8: Sample Project #3 (Tree Ring Technique) (6:54)
StartModule 9: The Drying Process (Common Crazing Pitfalls) (3:38)
StartModule 10: Finishing Your Pieces (Preserving Your Paintings) (2:52)
StartModule 11: Conclusion (Let's Paint!) (0:30)
Paintings you can make with these techniques
As a professional artist with corporate training experience, Briana marries her two loves of painting and teaching into this online course. She is best known for her fluid acrylic abstract paintings, which feature bold color palettes, clean lines, and as much of an emphasis on the canvas edges as the painting itself.